torsdag, januari 31, 2008

John Mayer says;

When you first meet somebody, you find out they like you first of all. A friend of a friend of theirs says "he or she really, really likes you," and it kills you, floors you , sends you to the ground, you got to pick yourself up off the ground
So then you hang out for awhile and you call and you talk on the phone all the time. And then you drop the bomb. What feels like the bomb you say "You know what, I've been thinking about you a lot" and she gasps and you say "what happened?" and she says "it's just thatI've been thinking about you too." Bam! Higher into the sky
Now "I'd like that" done, now you're up to "I've been thinking about you."Then however number of months pass that make you comfortable saying it, you say "I got to tell you something" and they say "what?!". And you say "I'm in love with you"Nothing in the world sounds better than I'm in love with youAnd then maybe she starts crying or maybe they go "ahhhh"And all of a sudden you're like I'm in
But now what doesn't work? "I'd like that" and "I've been thinking about you." Now we're at I'm in love with you.Then maybe someday we'll go to I love you. Fast forward and now you're at I love you a lot, I love you more than anything,
I love you doesn't work, there's a threshold that keeps going upFast forward like six months, six weeks, whatever the case may be. Now you're at I wanna marry you, I want to impregnate you with my love, I want to just send my love to you. Damnit!!! words don't work anymore.
And then you use this lineAnd you know you've used this line before"I just wish they'd put a new word in the dictionary bigger than love because love just doesn't describe what I feel!!"
And so then, now he or she starts asking, "do you love?" and you go "of course I love you." Well say it, and then it becomes say it twice, say it three timesBut then you cross a really interesting point whereAll of a sudden it becomes I hate you! I hate you! And you go oh my God she hates me.
And now it's I hate you more than anything. We're over and then they go, no we're not and you go yes we are. And now the words completely do not work at all. You're left with nothing. You're Throwing punches under water. You're done.You know what the moral of that story is, if there is one....never, ever, ever, ever underestimate the power of "I'd like that".

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Vilken låt?

Glimra sa...

Det är från en konsert, han säger det innan han spelar Love song for no one. asbra